Apr 13, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
The University of South Carolina product logged 22 innings in rookie ball last year, posting a 4.91 ERA. He skipped Single-A right to Double-A Arkansas to start this season, and now he’s on his way to Los Angeles to join the Angels bullpen.
Prospect guru Keith Law was shocked to hear of Roth’s promotion, calling him a “pure deception guy” with below-average stuff.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (76)