Apr 13, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
The University of South Carolina product logged 22 innings in rookie ball last year, posting a 4.91 ERA. He skipped Single-A right to Double-A Arkansas to start this season, and now he’s on his way to Los Angeles to join the Angels bullpen.
Prospect guru Keith Law was shocked to hear of Roth’s promotion, calling him a “pure deception guy” with below-average stuff.
- The beauty of belief 0
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 27
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 14
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 67
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)