Apr 13, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
The University of South Carolina product logged 22 innings in rookie ball last year, posting a 4.91 ERA. He skipped Single-A right to Double-A Arkansas to start this season, and now he’s on his way to Los Angeles to join the Angels bullpen.
Prospect guru Keith Law was shocked to hear of Roth’s promotion, calling him a “pure deception guy” with below-average stuff.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 153
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (162)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)