Apr 13, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Capuano had dealt with elbow problems between 2008-10, but posted back-to-back full seasons in 2011-12 between the Mets and Dodgers with a combined 4.12 ERA. Greinke is expected to miss eight weeks with a broken collarbone suffered in Thursday night’s bench-clearing brawl in San Diego.
The Dodgers had a surfeit of starting pitching entering the season and they were expected to trade off one or two arms, but GM Ned Colletti stood pat. In retrospect, Dodger fans are happy he did.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)