Apr 13, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Capuano had dealt with elbow problems between 2008-10, but posted back-to-back full seasons in 2011-12 between the Mets and Dodgers with a combined 4.12 ERA. Greinke is expected to miss eight weeks with a broken collarbone suffered in Thursday night’s bench-clearing brawl in San Diego.
The Dodgers had a surfeit of starting pitching entering the season and they were expected to trade off one or two arms, but GM Ned Colletti stood pat. In retrospect, Dodger fans are happy he did.
- J.A. Happ is thriving with the Pirates 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 44
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 68
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 149
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (150)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)