Apr 13, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
Capuano had dealt with elbow problems between 2008-10, but posted back-to-back full seasons in 2011-12 between the Mets and Dodgers with a combined 4.12 ERA. Greinke is expected to miss eight weeks with a broken collarbone suffered in Thursday night’s bench-clearing brawl in San Diego.
The Dodgers had a surfeit of starting pitching entering the season and they were expected to trade off one or two arms, but GM Ned Colletti stood pat. In retrospect, Dodger fans are happy he did.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)