Apr 13, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
Capuano had dealt with elbow problems between 2008-10, but posted back-to-back full seasons in 2011-12 between the Mets and Dodgers with a combined 4.12 ERA. Greinke is expected to miss eight weeks with a broken collarbone suffered in Thursday night’s bench-clearing brawl in San Diego.
The Dodgers had a surfeit of starting pitching entering the season and they were expected to trade off one or two arms, but GM Ned Colletti stood pat. In retrospect, Dodger fans are happy he did.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)