Apr 13, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Capuano had dealt with elbow problems between 2008-10, but posted back-to-back full seasons in 2011-12 between the Mets and Dodgers with a combined 4.12 ERA. Greinke is expected to miss eight weeks with a broken collarbone suffered in Thursday night’s bench-clearing brawl in San Diego.
The Dodgers had a surfeit of starting pitching entering the season and they were expected to trade off one or two arms, but GM Ned Colletti stood pat. In retrospect, Dodger fans are happy he did.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12