Apr 13, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
The D-Backs made a pair of roster moves today, activating Cody Ross and placing Jason Kubel on the disabled list. Ross had been dealing with a strained left calf that kept him out of most of spring training, but he is ready now after completing a rehab stint.
Kubel landed on the disabled list with a strained left quadriceps, which was aggravated in the series finale with the Brewers on April 7. The outfielder was hitting .333 with two home runs in eight games. He could return in the minimum 15 days, before the calendar turns to May.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)