Apr 13, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
The D-Backs made a pair of roster moves today, activating Cody Ross and placing Jason Kubel on the disabled list. Ross had been dealing with a strained left calf that kept him out of most of spring training, but he is ready now after completing a rehab stint.
Kubel landed on the disabled list with a strained left quadriceps, which was aggravated in the series finale with the Brewers on April 7. The outfielder was hitting .333 with two home runs in eight games. He could return in the minimum 15 days, before the calendar turns to May.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)