Apr 13, 2013, 11:20 PM EST
The D-Backs made a pair of roster moves today, activating Cody Ross and placing Jason Kubel on the disabled list. Ross had been dealing with a strained left calf that kept him out of most of spring training, but he is ready now after completing a rehab stint.
Kubel landed on the disabled list with a strained left quadriceps, which was aggravated in the series finale with the Brewers on April 7. The outfielder was hitting .333 with two home runs in eight games. He could return in the minimum 15 days, before the calendar turns to May.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)