Apr 13, 2013, 11:20 PM EST
The D-Backs made a pair of roster moves today, activating Cody Ross and placing Jason Kubel on the disabled list. Ross had been dealing with a strained left calf that kept him out of most of spring training, but he is ready now after completing a rehab stint.
Kubel landed on the disabled list with a strained left quadriceps, which was aggravated in the series finale with the Brewers on April 7. The outfielder was hitting .333 with two home runs in eight games. He could return in the minimum 15 days, before the calendar turns to May.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)