Apr 13, 2013, 11:20 PM EST
The D-Backs made a pair of roster moves today, activating Cody Ross and placing Jason Kubel on the disabled list. Ross had been dealing with a strained left calf that kept him out of most of spring training, but he is ready now after completing a rehab stint.
Kubel landed on the disabled list with a strained left quadriceps, which was aggravated in the series finale with the Brewers on April 7. The outfielder was hitting .333 with two home runs in eight games. He could return in the minimum 15 days, before the calendar turns to May.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 41
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)