Apr 13, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
After getting Jose Valverde a minor league deal with the Tigers last week, agent Scott Boras is now trying to find Francisco Rodriguez a new home.
While nothing appears to be imminent, CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that the veteran reliever is drawing interest from multiple teams, including the Brewers and Marlins. Heyman’s report also mentioned the Angels as a possibility, but Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com hears that the team isn’t interested in a reunion.
Rodriguez had an underwhelming 4.38 ERA in 78 appearances as a set-up man with the Brewers last season, but he still managed 72 strikeouts in 72 innings. His off-the-field baggage is likely a big reason why he’s still out there as a free agent, but it wouldn’t be surprising if he emerges as a useful bullpen piece somewhere.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)