Apr 13, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
After getting Jose Valverde a minor league deal with the Tigers last week, agent Scott Boras is now trying to find Francisco Rodriguez a new home.
While nothing appears to be imminent, CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that the veteran reliever is drawing interest from multiple teams, including the Brewers and Marlins. Heyman’s report also mentioned the Angels as a possibility, but Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com hears that the team isn’t interested in a reunion.
Rodriguez had an underwhelming 4.38 ERA in 78 appearances as a set-up man with the Brewers last season, but he still managed 72 strikeouts in 72 innings. His off-the-field baggage is likely a big reason why he’s still out there as a free agent, but it wouldn’t be surprising if he emerges as a useful bullpen piece somewhere.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (253)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)