Apr 13, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
After getting Jose Valverde a minor league deal with the Tigers last week, agent Scott Boras is now trying to find Francisco Rodriguez a new home.
While nothing appears to be imminent, CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that the veteran reliever is drawing interest from multiple teams, including the Brewers and Marlins. Heyman’s report also mentioned the Angels as a possibility, but Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com hears that the team isn’t interested in a reunion.
Rodriguez had an underwhelming 4.38 ERA in 78 appearances as a set-up man with the Brewers last season, but he still managed 72 strikeouts in 72 innings. His off-the-field baggage is likely a big reason why he’s still out there as a free agent, but it wouldn’t be surprising if he emerges as a useful bullpen piece somewhere.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 23
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)