Apr 13, 2013, 10:28 AM EST
After getting Jose Valverde a minor league deal with the Tigers last week, agent Scott Boras is now trying to find Francisco Rodriguez a new home.
While nothing appears to be imminent, CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that the veteran reliever is drawing interest from multiple teams, including the Brewers and Marlins. Heyman’s report also mentioned the Angels as a possibility, but Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com hears that the team isn’t interested in a reunion.
Rodriguez had an underwhelming 4.38 ERA in 78 appearances as a set-up man with the Brewers last season, but he still managed 72 strikeouts in 72 innings. His off-the-field baggage is likely a big reason why he’s still out there as a free agent, but it wouldn’t be surprising if he emerges as a useful bullpen piece somewhere.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)