Apr 13, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
After getting Jose Valverde a minor league deal with the Tigers last week, agent Scott Boras is now trying to find Francisco Rodriguez a new home.
While nothing appears to be imminent, CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that the veteran reliever is drawing interest from multiple teams, including the Brewers and Marlins. Heyman’s report also mentioned the Angels as a possibility, but Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com hears that the team isn’t interested in a reunion.
Rodriguez had an underwhelming 4.38 ERA in 78 appearances as a set-up man with the Brewers last season, but he still managed 72 strikeouts in 72 innings. His off-the-field baggage is likely a big reason why he’s still out there as a free agent, but it wouldn’t be surprising if he emerges as a useful bullpen piece somewhere.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)