Apr 13, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Marlins starter Jose Fernandez can throw a baseball better than all but a few human beings on planet earth. He had just singled and driven in the Marlins’ first run of the game to break a scoreless tie — his first career hit and RBI as well — but it was a jacket that really gave him difficulty.
Click here for an animated .gif.
Fernandez has, thus far, outdueled Phillies ace Cole Hamels through six innings tonight, holding the Phillies scoreless and lowering his season ERA to 0.82.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)