Apr 13, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Marlins starter Jose Fernandez can throw a baseball better than all but a few human beings on planet earth. He had just singled and driven in the Marlins’ first run of the game to break a scoreless tie — his first career hit and RBI as well — but it was a jacket that really gave him difficulty.
Click here for an animated .gif.
Fernandez has, thus far, outdueled Phillies ace Cole Hamels through six innings tonight, holding the Phillies scoreless and lowering his season ERA to 0.82.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 2
- The Lester trade is a win-win 81
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 145
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (145)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (119)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)