Apr 13, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
Marlins starter Jose Fernandez can throw a baseball better than all but a few human beings on planet earth. He had just singled and driven in the Marlins’ first run of the game to break a scoreless tie — his first career hit and RBI as well — but it was a jacket that really gave him difficulty.
Click here for an animated .gif.
Fernandez has, thus far, outdueled Phillies ace Cole Hamels through six innings tonight, holding the Phillies scoreless and lowering his season ERA to 0.82.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)