Apr 13, 2013, 8:55 PM EST
Bad news for the Reds: Johnny Cueto had to exit the game in the fifth inning with a right arm injury after getting one out in the fifth inning. He left after throwing a warm-up pitch. John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer suggests it might be a triceps injury.
The right-hander had held the Pirates to one run on two hits and a walk, and appeared to be his third consecutive quality start to open the 2013 season. Alfredo Simon came in to relieve Cueto, but allowed three singles as the Pirates took a 2-1 lead.
Update (9:00 PM): The Reds official Twitter confirms it is a triceps injury.
Cueto left with pain in his right triceps. Was removed from the game for precautionary reasons. Will be evaluated again tomorrow.
— Reds (@Reds) April 14, 2013
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 54
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 20
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)