Apr 13, 2013, 12:06 PM EDT
As Bill noted last night, the Yankees turned a wildly entertaining triple play in the eighth inning of their 5-2 win over the Orioles. Below you’ll find the video, complete with commentary from the different broadcasts. Not surprisingly, the John Sterling one is pretty entertaining.
Great stuff. Most of the focus over the past 36 hours has been on the ugliness of the Carlos Quentin/Zack Greinke brawl, so sometimes it’s easy to overlook the times when players are having fun on a baseball field.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 340
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 52
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (340)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (151)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)