Apr 13, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Tough break for Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos, who missed most of last season with a torn ACL in his right knee.
According to Mike Harris and Amanda Comak of the Washington Times, Ramos was forced to leave this afternoon’s game against the Braves after he pulled his left hamstring while trying to leg out a ground ball in the bottom of the eighth inning. He’ll be reevaluated tomorrow, but Nationals manager Davey Johnson acknowledged that he will almost certainly land on the disabled list.
It’s too bad, as Ramos was off to a nice start this season, hitting .300 (6-for-20) with two homers and three RBI in six games. Kurt Suzuki figures to get most of the playing time behind the plate during his absence while Jhonatan Solano is expected to be called up from Triple-A Syracuse to take his place on the roster.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (70)