Apr 13, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
Losing Derek Jeter will make you do crazy things. Like use Robinson Cano at shortstop, which the Yankees did in the ninth inning against the Baltimore Orioles after having pinch-hit for Jayson Nix. Catcher Francisco Cervelli took Cano’s spot at second base.
Cano has logged 10,490 defensive innings at the Major League level, all of them at second base. Surprisingly, this is not the first time the Yankees have used a catcher at second base — Jorge Posada played there in 2011 during a 22-9 pounding of the Athletics.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 46
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 23
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 7
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)