Apr 14, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
Diamondbacks second baseman Aaron Hill hasn’t started a game since taking a pitch off his left hand Tuesday night. But that will change this afternoon.
According to MLB.com’s Jesse Sanchez, Hill is back in the Arizona starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale with the Dodgers. He’s batting third, behind Martin Prado and right in front of Miguel Montero. Cody Ross, who hasn’t appeared in a game because of a calf injury, will play right field and bat seventh vs. Los Angeles starter Josh Beckett.
Hill boasts a .314/.415/.571 batting line, two home runs and six RBI in 10 games played this season.
He hit .302/.360/.522 with 26 homers and 85 RBI in 156 games played last year.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)