Apr 14, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
Diamondbacks second baseman Aaron Hill hasn’t started a game since taking a pitch off his left hand Tuesday night. But that will change this afternoon.
According to MLB.com’s Jesse Sanchez, Hill is back in the Arizona starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale with the Dodgers. He’s batting third, behind Martin Prado and right in front of Miguel Montero. Cody Ross, who hasn’t appeared in a game because of a calf injury, will play right field and bat seventh vs. Los Angeles starter Josh Beckett.
Hill boasts a .314/.415/.571 batting line, two home runs and six RBI in 10 games played this season.
He hit .302/.360/.522 with 26 homers and 85 RBI in 156 games played last year.
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 6
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 115
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)