Apr 14, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
Diamondbacks second baseman Aaron Hill hasn’t started a game since taking a pitch off his left hand Tuesday night. But that will change this afternoon.
According to MLB.com’s Jesse Sanchez, Hill is back in the Arizona starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale with the Dodgers. He’s batting third, behind Martin Prado and right in front of Miguel Montero. Cody Ross, who hasn’t appeared in a game because of a calf injury, will play right field and bat seventh vs. Los Angeles starter Josh Beckett.
Hill boasts a .314/.415/.571 batting line, two home runs and six RBI in 10 games played this season.
He hit .302/.360/.522 with 26 homers and 85 RBI in 156 games played last year.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)