Apr 14, 2013, 11:15 AM EST
Good news on the Alex Rodriguez rehab front.
According to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com, the veteran third baseman told Yankees manager Joe Girardi on Saturday that he is able to run slowly on a treadmill without feeling any sort of lingering pain or discomfort in his surgically-repaired hip. “He was pretty fired up about that,” Girardi said later in a talk with the media.
Rodriguez underwent major hip surgery in January and is not expected to be ready for major league action again until after the All-Star break. Kevin Youkilis has been playing third for the Yankees.
Michael S. Schmidt of the New York Times reported Friday that A-Rod (or one of his associates) tried to purchase documents from the Miami-based Biogenesis clinic with the intention of destroying them. Major League Baseball is currently investigating Biogenesis, so the attempt by A-Rod could be viewed as a violation of the Joint Drug Agreement — which demands cooperation from players during PED investigations.
And that violation could alone lead to a suspension of some kind. Something to watch for.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)