Apr 14, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Austin Kearns was originally in the Marlins’ lineup for this afternoon’s series finale against the Phillies, but was sent to the hospital by team trainers after complaining about an elevated heart rate, according to MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro. Kearns will remain in the hospital overnight for evaluation.
It has not been a good start to the season for the Marlins, as Giancarlo Stanton and Justin Ruggiano have also missed time recently. With a 2-1 loss to the Phillies today, the Marlins dropped to 2-10, nine games behind the first-place Braves.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)