Apr 14, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Austin Kearns was originally in the Marlins’ lineup for this afternoon’s series finale against the Phillies, but was sent to the hospital by team trainers after complaining about an elevated heart rate, according to MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro. Kearns will remain in the hospital overnight for evaluation.
It has not been a good start to the season for the Marlins, as Giancarlo Stanton and Justin Ruggiano have also missed time recently. With a 2-1 loss to the Phillies today, the Marlins dropped to 2-10, nine games behind the first-place Braves.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)