Apr 14, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Austin Kearns was originally in the Marlins’ lineup for this afternoon’s series finale against the Phillies, but was sent to the hospital by team trainers after complaining about an elevated heart rate, according to MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro. Kearns will remain in the hospital overnight for evaluation.
It has not been a good start to the season for the Marlins, as Giancarlo Stanton and Justin Ruggiano have also missed time recently. With a 2-1 loss to the Phillies today, the Marlins dropped to 2-10, nine games behind the first-place Braves.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 4
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (86)