Apr 14, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Austin Kearns was originally in the Marlins’ lineup for this afternoon’s series finale against the Phillies, but was sent to the hospital by team trainers after complaining about an elevated heart rate, according to MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro. Kearns will remain in the hospital overnight for evaluation.
It has not been a good start to the season for the Marlins, as Giancarlo Stanton and Justin Ruggiano have also missed time recently. With a 2-1 loss to the Phillies today, the Marlins dropped to 2-10, nine games behind the first-place Braves.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)