Apr 14, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
Marlins outfielder Austin Kearns was originally in the Marlins’ lineup for this afternoon’s series finale against the Phillies, but was sent to the hospital by team trainers after complaining about an elevated heart rate, according to MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro. Kearns will remain in the hospital overnight for evaluation.
It has not been a good start to the season for the Marlins, as Giancarlo Stanton and Justin Ruggiano have also missed time recently. With a 2-1 loss to the Phillies today, the Marlins dropped to 2-10, nine games behind the first-place Braves.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)