Apr 14, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
As first reported by MLB.com’s Carrie Muskat, the Cubs have claimed right-handed reliever Kameron Loe off waivers from the Mariners. Backup catcher Steve Clevenger was put on the 60-day disabled list with an oblique strain to clear a roster spot.
Loe was designated for assignment by Seattle late last week after allowing 11 hits, one walk and eight earned runs over his first 6 2/3 innings. The 31-year-old had a cool 3.61 ERA and 1.27 WHIP in 229 1/3 innings between 2008-2012 with the Rangers and Brewers, and should have something left in the tank.
Loe will operate as a middle reliever in Chicago’s bullpen, which has been a disaster this year.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (115)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)