Apr 14, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
As first reported by MLB.com’s Carrie Muskat, the Cubs have claimed right-handed reliever Kameron Loe off waivers from the Mariners. Backup catcher Steve Clevenger was put on the 60-day disabled list with an oblique strain to clear a roster spot.
Loe was designated for assignment by Seattle late last week after allowing 11 hits, one walk and eight earned runs over his first 6 2/3 innings. The 31-year-old had a cool 3.61 ERA and 1.27 WHIP in 229 1/3 innings between 2008-2012 with the Rangers and Brewers, and should have something left in the tank.
Loe will operate as a middle reliever in Chicago’s bullpen, which has been a disaster this year.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (154)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)