Apr 14, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
As first reported by MLB.com’s Carrie Muskat, the Cubs have claimed right-handed reliever Kameron Loe off waivers from the Mariners. Backup catcher Steve Clevenger was put on the 60-day disabled list with an oblique strain to clear a roster spot.
Loe was designated for assignment by Seattle late last week after allowing 11 hits, one walk and eight earned runs over his first 6 2/3 innings. The 31-year-old had a cool 3.61 ERA and 1.27 WHIP in 229 1/3 innings between 2008-2012 with the Rangers and Brewers, and should have something left in the tank.
Loe will operate as a middle reliever in Chicago’s bullpen, which has been a disaster this year.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)