Apr 14, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
You may remember yesterday’s post which dealt with comments made by Nats starter Stephen Strasburg and second baseman Danny Espinosa where both said they were not impressed by the Braves. Espinosa had said this, after the Braves took the first two games of the three-game series in Washington:
“They’re good, I don’t think they’re better than us,” Danny Espinosa said. “They’re a good ballclub, they have talent. They’re hot right now, they only lost one game, but they’re hot. It all evens out.”
The Braves stomped the Nats again this afternoon, completing the sweep with a 9-0 win. The Nationals dropped to 7-5, while the Braves bumped to 11-1, the second-best start after 12 games in franchise history. Espinosa did not back down from his comments when he spoke to the media after the game, though.
— Amanda Comak (@acomak) April 14, 2013
The two teams meet in Atlanta for a four-game series starting on April 29, so Espinosa won’t have to wait very long to put his money where his mouth is.
Espinosa, by the way, had to leave this afternoon’s game after being hit on the right wrist with a pitch, but x-rays were negative. Steve Lombardozzi replaced him in the game and would fill in for him if Espinosa needs to miss any time.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17