Apr 14, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Cueto was removed after getting one out in the fifth inning of last night’s game with the Pirates with an apparent triceps injury. He was evaluated by team doctors today and the Reds have decided to play it safe with their ace.
In Cueto’s absence, expect prospect Tony Cingrani to get the call. The 23-year-old left-hander started the season with Triple-A Louisville and has gotten off to a good start. The Bats limited his pitch count today in the event he would be promoted to fill in for Cueto. As such, Cingrani threw 41 pitches before being pulled.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)