Apr 14, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
Cueto was removed after getting one out in the fifth inning of last night’s game with the Pirates with an apparent triceps injury. He was evaluated by team doctors today and the Reds have decided to play it safe with their ace.
In Cueto’s absence, expect prospect Tony Cingrani to get the call. The 23-year-old left-hander started the season with Triple-A Louisville and has gotten off to a good start. The Bats limited his pitch count today in the event he would be promoted to fill in for Cueto. As such, Cingrani threw 41 pitches before being pulled.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (82)