Apr 14, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Cueto was removed after getting one out in the fifth inning of last night’s game with the Pirates with an apparent triceps injury. He was evaluated by team doctors today and the Reds have decided to play it safe with their ace.
In Cueto’s absence, expect prospect Tony Cingrani to get the call. The 23-year-old left-hander started the season with Triple-A Louisville and has gotten off to a good start. The Bats limited his pitch count today in the event he would be promoted to fill in for Cueto. As such, Cingrani threw 41 pitches before being pulled.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)