Apr 14, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
Indians outfielder Michael Bourn suffered a laceration on his right index finger when he slid head-first into first base to avoid colliding with White Sox reliever Matt Thornton in this afternoon’s game. Thornton accidentally stepped on Bourn’s finger with his cleat, causing the laceration.
MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian reports that Bourn had five stitches put in his hand and won’t be able to play until those stitches are removed — a time period of 5-7 days, he suggests.
Bourn has had a good start to the season with his new team, hitting .333 with seven extra-base hits in 45 trips to the plate.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)