Apr 14, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
UPDATE: Marc Carig tweets that Horwitz was having some fun. So this was just a fun imaginative exercise in the end.
The Mets will be in Colorado for a four-game set with the Rockies and the forecast is not looking good. They already dealt with snow with a recently-completed stop in Minnesota and, as the New York Times shows, there could be more:
Snow is predicted the first three days, with the temperature progressively dropping; on Wednesday accuweather.com predicts a high of 29 degrees and a low of 6. On Thursday, the final day of the series, it is supposed to be sunny, with a temperature of 38. The Web site carries this headline, “April Becoming the Snowiest For Denver in Years.” According to that story, up to a foot of snow is possible next week.
Mets PR director Jay Horwitz tweeted that MLB has given the Mets and Rockies the go-ahead to play a triple-header if necessary:
Because we only come to Colorado once, MLB has given the Mets and Rockies the go-ahead to play a triple header this week.11,4 and 8 times,
— Jay Horwitz (@Jay_HorwitzPR) April 15, 2013
In case you were wondering which series to pay attention to during the week, it’s Mets-Rockies.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)