Apr 14, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
UPDATE: Marc Carig tweets that Horwitz was having some fun. So this was just a fun imaginative exercise in the end.
The Mets will be in Colorado for a four-game set with the Rockies and the forecast is not looking good. They already dealt with snow with a recently-completed stop in Minnesota and, as the New York Times shows, there could be more:
Snow is predicted the first three days, with the temperature progressively dropping; on Wednesday accuweather.com predicts a high of 29 degrees and a low of 6. On Thursday, the final day of the series, it is supposed to be sunny, with a temperature of 38. The Web site carries this headline, “April Becoming the Snowiest For Denver in Years.” According to that story, up to a foot of snow is possible next week.
Mets PR director Jay Horwitz tweeted that MLB has given the Mets and Rockies the go-ahead to play a triple-header if necessary:
Because we only come to Colorado once, MLB has given the Mets and Rockies the go-ahead to play a triple header this week.11,4 and 8 times,
— Jay Horwitz (@Jay_HorwitzPR) April 15, 2013
In case you were wondering which series to pay attention to during the week, it’s Mets-Rockies.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 9
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (83)