Apr 14, 2013, 9:33 PM EST
UPDATE: Marc Carig tweets that Horwitz was having some fun. So this was just a fun imaginative exercise in the end.
The Mets will be in Colorado for a four-game set with the Rockies and the forecast is not looking good. They already dealt with snow with a recently-completed stop in Minnesota and, as the New York Times shows, there could be more:
Snow is predicted the first three days, with the temperature progressively dropping; on Wednesday accuweather.com predicts a high of 29 degrees and a low of 6. On Thursday, the final day of the series, it is supposed to be sunny, with a temperature of 38. The Web site carries this headline, “April Becoming the Snowiest For Denver in Years.” According to that story, up to a foot of snow is possible next week.
Mets PR director Jay Horwitz tweeted that MLB has given the Mets and Rockies the go-ahead to play a triple-header if necessary:
Because we only come to Colorado once, MLB has given the Mets and Rockies the go-ahead to play a triple header this week.11,4 and 8 times,
— Jay Horwitz (@Jay_HorwitzPR) April 15, 2013
In case you were wondering which series to pay attention to during the week, it’s Mets-Rockies.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 0
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 43
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)