Apr 14, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
UPDATE: Marc Carig tweets that Horwitz was having some fun. So this was just a fun imaginative exercise in the end.
The Mets will be in Colorado for a four-game set with the Rockies and the forecast is not looking good. They already dealt with snow with a recently-completed stop in Minnesota and, as the New York Times shows, there could be more:
Snow is predicted the first three days, with the temperature progressively dropping; on Wednesday accuweather.com predicts a high of 29 degrees and a low of 6. On Thursday, the final day of the series, it is supposed to be sunny, with a temperature of 38. The Web site carries this headline, “April Becoming the Snowiest For Denver in Years.” According to that story, up to a foot of snow is possible next week.
Mets PR director Jay Horwitz tweeted that MLB has given the Mets and Rockies the go-ahead to play a triple-header if necessary:
Because we only come to Colorado once, MLB has given the Mets and Rockies the go-ahead to play a triple header this week.11,4 and 8 times,
— Jay Horwitz (@Jay_HorwitzPR) April 15, 2013
In case you were wondering which series to pay attention to during the week, it’s Mets-Rockies.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)