Apr 14, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
From Chase Hughes of CSNWashington.com comes word that the Nationals have placed catcher Wilson Ramos on the 15-day disabled list because of a left hamstring strain. It’s not of the severe variety and the Nationals are optimistic that Ramos will be ready to be activated as soon as he is eligible.
Jhonatan Solano was called up from the Triple-A level to provide depth at catcher behind Kurt Suzuki.
Ramos, 25, is batting .300/.391/.600 with two home runs and three RBI through 23 plate appearances this season for the second-place Nats. The 25-year-old Venezuelan is a .270/.335/.438 career hitter in 636 major league plate appearances.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 0
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 18
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)