Apr 14, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
From Chase Hughes of CSNWashington.com comes word that the Nationals have placed catcher Wilson Ramos on the 15-day disabled list because of a left hamstring strain. It’s not of the severe variety and the Nationals are optimistic that Ramos will be ready to be activated as soon as he is eligible.
Jhonatan Solano was called up from the Triple-A level to provide depth at catcher behind Kurt Suzuki.
Ramos, 25, is batting .300/.391/.600 with two home runs and three RBI through 23 plate appearances this season for the second-place Nats. The 25-year-old Venezuelan is a .270/.335/.438 career hitter in 636 major league plate appearances.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)