Apr 14, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
From Chase Hughes of CSNWashington.com comes word that the Nationals have placed catcher Wilson Ramos on the 15-day disabled list because of a left hamstring strain. It’s not of the severe variety and the Nationals are optimistic that Ramos will be ready to be activated as soon as he is eligible.
Jhonatan Solano was called up from the Triple-A level to provide depth at catcher behind Kurt Suzuki.
Ramos, 25, is batting .300/.391/.600 with two home runs and three RBI through 23 plate appearances this season for the second-place Nats. The 25-year-old Venezuelan is a .270/.335/.438 career hitter in 636 major league plate appearances.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 10
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 50
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)