Apr 14, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
From Chase Hughes of CSNWashington.com comes word that the Nationals have placed catcher Wilson Ramos on the 15-day disabled list because of a left hamstring strain. It’s not of the severe variety and the Nationals are optimistic that Ramos will be ready to be activated as soon as he is eligible.
Jhonatan Solano was called up from the Triple-A level to provide depth at catcher behind Kurt Suzuki.
Ramos, 25, is batting .300/.391/.600 with two home runs and three RBI through 23 plate appearances this season for the second-place Nats. The 25-year-old Venezuelan is a .270/.335/.438 career hitter in 636 major league plate appearances.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15