Apr 14, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
From Chase Hughes of CSNWashington.com comes word that the Nationals have placed catcher Wilson Ramos on the 15-day disabled list because of a left hamstring strain. It’s not of the severe variety and the Nationals are optimistic that Ramos will be ready to be activated as soon as he is eligible.
Jhonatan Solano was called up from the Triple-A level to provide depth at catcher behind Kurt Suzuki.
Ramos, 25, is batting .300/.391/.600 with two home runs and three RBI through 23 plate appearances this season for the second-place Nats. The 25-year-old Venezuelan is a .270/.335/.438 career hitter in 636 major league plate appearances.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)