Apr 15, 2013, 8:20 AM EST
God, wasn’t that family thing/working/cleaning/ thing a pain in the butt this weekend? Kept you from paying attention to baseball? Yeah, me too. Thankfully, then, here is everything you missed that mattered:
- Jose Reyes is gonna be gone a while.
- Josh Hamilton continued to distinguish himself.
- As the hour gets late in the bar, everyone starts to look better and better.
- Just your routine 4-6-5-6-5-3-4 triple play.
- John Buck > Miami Marlins.
- Your ace has time to turn it around. Really.
- Robinson Cano: shortstop?
- The Diamondbacks made some Dodgers fans change clothes. Because they have their priorities in order.
- Danny Espinosa and Stephen Strasburg are not all that impressed with the Braves. Even after getting swept. They’re the Black Knight of the NL East. Have at you! We’re invincible!!!
- Jacket 1, Jose Fernandez 0.
- Joe Maddon hates big bunts and he cannot lie.
- “42″ is doing well at the box office.
- Say what you want about Alex Rodriguez, but at least he’s using his treadmill for running and not for hanging laundry on like all of us are.
- Carlos Quentin wisely drops his appeal the day before he’s supposed to face Dodgers pitching.
- Conor Jackson retired.
- Austin Kearns was hospitalized.
- The Braves’ hot start guarantees them nothing.
Happy Jackie Robinson Day. Happy Morning Baseball Because of Patriot’s Day in Boston. Oh, and Happy Tax Day too. All kinds of things to celebrate, eh?
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)