Apr 15, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT
God, wasn’t that family thing/working/cleaning/ thing a pain in the butt this weekend? Kept you from paying attention to baseball? Yeah, me too. Thankfully, then, here is everything you missed that mattered:
- Jose Reyes is gonna be gone a while.
- Josh Hamilton continued to distinguish himself.
- As the hour gets late in the bar, everyone starts to look better and better.
- Just your routine 4-6-5-6-5-3-4 triple play.
- John Buck > Miami Marlins.
- Your ace has time to turn it around. Really.
- Robinson Cano: shortstop?
- The Diamondbacks made some Dodgers fans change clothes. Because they have their priorities in order.
- Danny Espinosa and Stephen Strasburg are not all that impressed with the Braves. Even after getting swept. They’re the Black Knight of the NL East. Have at you! We’re invincible!!!
- Jacket 1, Jose Fernandez 0.
- Joe Maddon hates big bunts and he cannot lie.
- “42″ is doing well at the box office.
- Say what you want about Alex Rodriguez, but at least he’s using his treadmill for running and not for hanging laundry on like all of us are.
- Carlos Quentin wisely drops his appeal the day before he’s supposed to face Dodgers pitching.
- Conor Jackson retired.
- Austin Kearns was hospitalized.
- The Braves’ hot start guarantees them nothing.
Happy Jackie Robinson Day. Happy Morning Baseball Because of Patriot’s Day in Boston. Oh, and Happy Tax Day too. All kinds of things to celebrate, eh?
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)