Apr 15, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT
God, wasn’t that family thing/working/cleaning/ thing a pain in the butt this weekend? Kept you from paying attention to baseball? Yeah, me too. Thankfully, then, here is everything you missed that mattered:
- Jose Reyes is gonna be gone a while.
- Josh Hamilton continued to distinguish himself.
- As the hour gets late in the bar, everyone starts to look better and better.
- Just your routine 4-6-5-6-5-3-4 triple play.
- John Buck > Miami Marlins.
- Your ace has time to turn it around. Really.
- Robinson Cano: shortstop?
- The Diamondbacks made some Dodgers fans change clothes. Because they have their priorities in order.
- Danny Espinosa and Stephen Strasburg are not all that impressed with the Braves. Even after getting swept. They’re the Black Knight of the NL East. Have at you! We’re invincible!!!
- Jacket 1, Jose Fernandez 0.
- Joe Maddon hates big bunts and he cannot lie.
- “42” is doing well at the box office.
- Say what you want about Alex Rodriguez, but at least he’s using his treadmill for running and not for hanging laundry on like all of us are.
- Carlos Quentin wisely drops his appeal the day before he’s supposed to face Dodgers pitching.
- Conor Jackson retired.
- Austin Kearns was hospitalized.
- The Braves’ hot start guarantees them nothing.
Happy Jackie Robinson Day. Happy Morning Baseball Because of Patriot’s Day in Boston. Oh, and Happy Tax Day too. All kinds of things to celebrate, eh?
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 33
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)