Apr 15, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT
God, wasn’t that family thing/working/cleaning/ thing a pain in the butt this weekend? Kept you from paying attention to baseball? Yeah, me too. Thankfully, then, here is everything you missed that mattered:
- Jose Reyes is gonna be gone a while.
- Josh Hamilton continued to distinguish himself.
- As the hour gets late in the bar, everyone starts to look better and better.
- Just your routine 4-6-5-6-5-3-4 triple play.
- John Buck > Miami Marlins.
- Your ace has time to turn it around. Really.
- Robinson Cano: shortstop?
- The Diamondbacks made some Dodgers fans change clothes. Because they have their priorities in order.
- Danny Espinosa and Stephen Strasburg are not all that impressed with the Braves. Even after getting swept. They’re the Black Knight of the NL East. Have at you! We’re invincible!!!
- Jacket 1, Jose Fernandez 0.
- Joe Maddon hates big bunts and he cannot lie.
- “42” is doing well at the box office.
- Say what you want about Alex Rodriguez, but at least he’s using his treadmill for running and not for hanging laundry on like all of us are.
- Carlos Quentin wisely drops his appeal the day before he’s supposed to face Dodgers pitching.
- Conor Jackson retired.
- Austin Kearns was hospitalized.
- The Braves’ hot start guarantees them nothing.
Happy Jackie Robinson Day. Happy Morning Baseball Because of Patriot’s Day in Boston. Oh, and Happy Tax Day too. All kinds of things to celebrate, eh?
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)