Apr 15, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT
God, wasn’t that family thing/working/cleaning/ thing a pain in the butt this weekend? Kept you from paying attention to baseball? Yeah, me too. Thankfully, then, here is everything you missed that mattered:
- Jose Reyes is gonna be gone a while.
- Josh Hamilton continued to distinguish himself.
- As the hour gets late in the bar, everyone starts to look better and better.
- Just your routine 4-6-5-6-5-3-4 triple play.
- John Buck > Miami Marlins.
- Your ace has time to turn it around. Really.
- Robinson Cano: shortstop?
- The Diamondbacks made some Dodgers fans change clothes. Because they have their priorities in order.
- Danny Espinosa and Stephen Strasburg are not all that impressed with the Braves. Even after getting swept. They’re the Black Knight of the NL East. Have at you! We’re invincible!!!
- Jacket 1, Jose Fernandez 0.
- Joe Maddon hates big bunts and he cannot lie.
- “42” is doing well at the box office.
- Say what you want about Alex Rodriguez, but at least he’s using his treadmill for running and not for hanging laundry on like all of us are.
- Carlos Quentin wisely drops his appeal the day before he’s supposed to face Dodgers pitching.
- Conor Jackson retired.
- Austin Kearns was hospitalized.
- The Braves’ hot start guarantees them nothing.
Happy Jackie Robinson Day. Happy Morning Baseball Because of Patriot’s Day in Boston. Oh, and Happy Tax Day too. All kinds of things to celebrate, eh?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 25
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)