John Lackey cleared to resume throwing

Apr 15, 2013, 12:18 PM EST

John Lackey AP

At the time it looked like John Lackey had seriously injured his arm on April 6, but he was diagnosed with merely a strained biceps and has already been cleared to resume throwing.

Red Sox manager John Farrell told Julian Benbow of the Boston Globe that Lackey is scheduled to start throwing again tomorrow, saying: “The symptoms have subsided.”

Lackey is eligible to return from the disabled list next Monday, but there’s no timetable yet for his rejoining the rotation.

1. oldpaddy - Apr 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Worst news I’ve heard all day.

• proudlycanadian - Apr 15, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I respectfully disagree. This is wonderful news.

• oldpaddy - Apr 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Haha I bet!
        Your Jays will be teeing off him in no time!

How’s the jays best team in over 20yrs doing?

• proudlycanadian - Apr 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Tis early old timer. Any Irishman should know that they should never count their potatoes before they hatch.

• oldpaddy - Apr 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Spoken like a true. Angie.
        Don’t forget, you can’t win it in April, but you can lose it.
        Don’t worry, lackey and hanrahan will be back soon.

• proudlycanadian - Apr 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I am counting on their return. A good Canuck named Dempster pitched well for the Red Sox today.

• oldpaddy - Apr 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Best game so far. He’s been shaky his other two starts. Too bad he won’t get the win.

I haven’t been to canada in years. Gotta love the snow on top of ice on top of snow.
        Love the canadian club soda! Good job!

• proudlycanadian - Apr 15, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I am very surprised at the blown save by Bailey.

• oldpaddy - Apr 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I’m not. I haven’t had faith in any sox closers in years. Even paps started to blow saves, but he waited until the playoffs. I hate closers, they tend to come and go so quickly. Though I would like to see koji given a shot. He’s fun to watch.

• oldpaddy - Apr 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Canada, was Ferrell really that bad for you guys or was it a pride thing because he left?
        He’s made some odd moves, but they’ve paid off. About 6 times I’ve texted a friend “is Ferrell an idiot?”, only to quickly text again “Ferrell is a genius!”
        Of course the village idiot would look like Einstein after the bobby v show.

• proudlycanadian - Apr 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM

With Farrell it was more about his leaving and the way that he left. Nobody knows if he will be a good manager. It is much too early to know how good a manager he will be.

• oldpaddy - Apr 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM

You’re absolutely correct.
        It took about a week to realize bobby v was a horrible manager. Took until the last game of ’03 to find out grady little was an idiot and I didn’t know francona was a great manager until the sox won the ’04 alcs.

• tfbuckfutter - Apr 15, 2013 at 3:04 PM

You prefer Aceves?

2. kjericho43 - Apr 15, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Best news I’VE heard all day, hater.

3. oldpaddy - Apr 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Nice! #42 just hit the game winning run for the sox!!!

4. oldpaddy - Apr 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Was there a bombing at the boston marathon???

• oldpaddy - Apr 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM

My god. At least two explosions.
      Fucking cock suckers.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5028)