Apr 15, 2013, 12:18 PM EST
At the time it looked like John Lackey had seriously injured his arm on April 6, but he was diagnosed with merely a strained biceps and has already been cleared to resume throwing.
Red Sox manager John Farrell told Julian Benbow of the Boston Globe that Lackey is scheduled to start throwing again tomorrow, saying: “The symptoms have subsided.”
Lackey is eligible to return from the disabled list next Monday, but there’s no timetable yet for his rejoining the rotation.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)