Apr 15, 2013, 12:18 PM EST
At the time it looked like John Lackey had seriously injured his arm on April 6, but he was diagnosed with merely a strained biceps and has already been cleared to resume throwing.
Red Sox manager John Farrell told Julian Benbow of the Boston Globe that Lackey is scheduled to start throwing again tomorrow, saying: “The symptoms have subsided.”
Lackey is eligible to return from the disabled list next Monday, but there’s no timetable yet for his rejoining the rotation.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (76)