Apr 15, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County-Register, Lilly will start again Tuesday night with Triple-A Albuquerque. The 37-year-old has allowed 10 runs in 12 innings over his first two rehab starts.
There appears to be some disagreement on Lilly’s readiness following offseason shoulder surgery, but the Dodgers have at least bought themselves a little more time. Chris Capuano has been tabbed to take Zack Greinke‘s place in the starting rotation and the Dodgers don’t see Lilly pitching out of the bullpen, so something will have to give eventually.
Lilly posted a 3.14 ERA and 31/19 K/BB ratio in 48 2/3 innings over eight starts last season. He is owed $12 million in 2013 in the last year of his three-year, $33 million contract.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 34
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 18
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 23
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)