Apr 15, 2013, 9:31 PM EST
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County-Register, Lilly will start again Tuesday night with Triple-A Albuquerque. The 37-year-old has allowed 10 runs in 12 innings over his first two rehab starts.
There appears to be some disagreement on Lilly’s readiness following offseason shoulder surgery, but the Dodgers have at least bought themselves a little more time. Chris Capuano has been tabbed to take Zack Greinke‘s place in the starting rotation and the Dodgers don’t see Lilly pitching out of the bullpen, so something will have to give eventually.
Lilly posted a 3.14 ERA and 31/19 K/BB ratio in 48 2/3 innings over eight starts last season. He is owed $12 million in 2013 in the last year of his three-year, $33 million contract.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)