Apr 15, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County-Register, Lilly will start again Tuesday night with Triple-A Albuquerque. The 37-year-old has allowed 10 runs in 12 innings over his first two rehab starts.
There appears to be some disagreement on Lilly’s readiness following offseason shoulder surgery, but the Dodgers have at least bought themselves a little more time. Chris Capuano has been tabbed to take Zack Greinke‘s place in the starting rotation and the Dodgers don’t see Lilly pitching out of the bullpen, so something will have to give eventually.
Lilly posted a 3.14 ERA and 31/19 K/BB ratio in 48 2/3 innings over eight starts last season. He is owed $12 million in 2013 in the last year of his three-year, $33 million contract.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)