Apr 15, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County-Register, Lilly will start again Tuesday night with Triple-A Albuquerque. The 37-year-old has allowed 10 runs in 12 innings over his first two rehab starts.
There appears to be some disagreement on Lilly’s readiness following offseason shoulder surgery, but the Dodgers have at least bought themselves a little more time. Chris Capuano has been tabbed to take Zack Greinke‘s place in the starting rotation and the Dodgers don’t see Lilly pitching out of the bullpen, so something will have to give eventually.
Lilly posted a 3.14 ERA and 31/19 K/BB ratio in 48 2/3 innings over eight starts last season. He is owed $12 million in 2013 in the last year of his three-year, $33 million contract.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (110)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)