Apr 15, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
According to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County-Register, Lilly will start again Tuesday night with Triple-A Albuquerque. The 37-year-old has allowed 10 runs in 12 innings over his first two rehab starts.
There appears to be some disagreement on Lilly’s readiness following offseason shoulder surgery, but the Dodgers have at least bought themselves a little more time. Chris Capuano has been tabbed to take Zack Greinke‘s place in the starting rotation and the Dodgers don’t see Lilly pitching out of the bullpen, so something will have to give eventually.
Lilly posted a 3.14 ERA and 31/19 K/BB ratio in 48 2/3 innings over eight starts last season. He is owed $12 million in 2013 in the last year of his three-year, $33 million contract.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 47
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 81
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 51
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)