Apr 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
A few short days after Carlos Quentin broke one of their starting pitchers, the Dodgers are urging that their fans be cool tonight as the Padres come to Dodger Stadium:
. @dodgers fans: What’s done is done….please respect the Padre fans at Dodger Stadium tomorrow and do what you do best! Cheer US on!
Let’s always honor Jackie’s legacy by maintaining a safe, comfortable and family friendly experience at Dodger Stadium.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) April 15, 2013
Given that Quentin has dropped his appeal and won’t be on the premises for the game — and the fact that the Dodgers are celebrating Jackie Robinson tonight — hopefully prevents this from becoming a disaster. And as Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times notes, there will likely be pregame warnings to both teams, meaning that people are getting ejected if there’s one beaning.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)