Apr 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
A few short days after Carlos Quentin broke one of their starting pitchers, the Dodgers are urging that their fans be cool tonight as the Padres come to Dodger Stadium:
. @dodgers fans: What’s done is done….please respect the Padre fans at Dodger Stadium tomorrow and do what you do best! Cheer US on!
Let’s always honor Jackie’s legacy by maintaining a safe, comfortable and family friendly experience at Dodger Stadium.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) April 15, 2013
Given that Quentin has dropped his appeal and won’t be on the premises for the game — and the fact that the Dodgers are celebrating Jackie Robinson tonight — hopefully prevents this from becoming a disaster. And as Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times notes, there will likely be pregame warnings to both teams, meaning that people are getting ejected if there’s one beaning.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 28
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 15
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29