Apr 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
A few short days after Carlos Quentin broke one of their starting pitchers, the Dodgers are urging that their fans be cool tonight as the Padres come to Dodger Stadium:
. @dodgers fans: What’s done is done….please respect the Padre fans at Dodger Stadium tomorrow and do what you do best! Cheer US on!
Let’s always honor Jackie’s legacy by maintaining a safe, comfortable and family friendly experience at Dodger Stadium.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) April 15, 2013
Given that Quentin has dropped his appeal and won’t be on the premises for the game — and the fact that the Dodgers are celebrating Jackie Robinson tonight — hopefully prevents this from becoming a disaster. And as Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times notes, there will likely be pregame warnings to both teams, meaning that people are getting ejected if there’s one beaning.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 15
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)