Apr 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
A few short days after Carlos Quentin broke one of their starting pitchers, the Dodgers are urging that their fans be cool tonight as the Padres come to Dodger Stadium:
. @dodgers fans: What’s done is done….please respect the Padre fans at Dodger Stadium tomorrow and do what you do best! Cheer US on!
Let’s always honor Jackie’s legacy by maintaining a safe, comfortable and family friendly experience at Dodger Stadium.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) April 15, 2013
Given that Quentin has dropped his appeal and won’t be on the premises for the game — and the fact that the Dodgers are celebrating Jackie Robinson tonight — hopefully prevents this from becoming a disaster. And as Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times notes, there will likely be pregame warnings to both teams, meaning that people are getting ejected if there’s one beaning.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 5
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 81
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 17
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 27
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 31
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 85
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (93)