Apr 15, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
And that’s no hyperbole.
In the second inning tonight at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Phillies center fielder Ben Revere went in full Superman-mode to rob Reds’ third baseman Todd Frazier of extra bases. Just the icing on the cake, he quickly got back on his feet and made a throw to double off Jay Bruce at first base.
Well, that catch will bring a smile to your face. And to think, that wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun if Revere got a better initial read. But he’s obviously gifted enough to recover in spectacular fashion.
UPDATE: Revere had a special message taped to his glove tonight to honor those affected by the tragedy in Boston.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)