Apr 15, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
And that’s no hyperbole.
In the second inning tonight at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Phillies center fielder Ben Revere went in full Superman-mode to rob Reds’ third baseman Todd Frazier of extra bases. Just the icing on the cake, he quickly got back on his feet and made a throw to double off Jay Bruce at first base.
Well, that catch will bring a smile to your face. And to think, that wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun if Revere got a better initial read. But he’s obviously gifted enough to recover in spectacular fashion.
UPDATE: Revere had a special message taped to his glove tonight to honor those affected by the tragedy in Boston.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8