Apr 15, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
And that’s no hyperbole.
In the second inning tonight at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Phillies center fielder Ben Revere went in full Superman-mode to rob Reds’ third baseman Todd Frazier of extra bases. Just the icing on the cake, he quickly got back on his feet and made a throw to double off Jay Bruce at first base.
Well, that catch will bring a smile to your face. And to think, that wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun if Revere got a better initial read. But he’s obviously gifted enough to recover in spectacular fashion.
UPDATE: Revere had a special message taped to his glove tonight to honor those affected by the tragedy in Boston.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)