Apr 15, 2013, 8:23 PM EST
And that’s no hyperbole.
In the second inning tonight at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Phillies center fielder Ben Revere went in full Superman-mode to rob Reds’ third baseman Todd Frazier of extra bases. Just the icing on the cake, he quickly got back on his feet and made a throw to double off Jay Bruce at first base.
Well, that catch will bring a smile to your face. And to think, that wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun if Revere got a better initial read. But he’s obviously gifted enough to recover in spectacular fashion.
UPDATE: Revere had a special message taped to his glove tonight to honor those affected by the tragedy in Boston.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)