Apr 15, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
And that’s no hyperbole.
In the second inning tonight at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Phillies center fielder Ben Revere went in full Superman-mode to rob Reds’ third baseman Todd Frazier of extra bases. Just the icing on the cake, he quickly got back on his feet and made a throw to double off Jay Bruce at first base.
Well, that catch will bring a smile to your face. And to think, that wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun if Revere got a better initial read. But he’s obviously gifted enough to recover in spectacular fashion.
UPDATE: Revere had a special message taped to his glove tonight to honor those affected by the tragedy in Boston.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)