Apr 15, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
Last week Chris Jaffe of the Hardball Times wrote about which pitchers, historically, own which NL teams. Still smarting over Eric Show dominating the Braves. Today he has the American League version up.
Fun Fact: Carl Mays owned the Athletics but not the Indians. And he FREAKIN’ KILLED A GUY on the Indians. Just never mess with Carl Mays, man.
Fun reading. If for no other reason that it reminded me of Kevin Appier’s existence. He’s the most likely really good pitcher of the 90s/00s who will be totally forgotten a few years from now. I liked him a lot.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 23
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 18
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (73)