Apr 15, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Last week Chris Jaffe of the Hardball Times wrote about which pitchers, historically, own which NL teams. Still smarting over Eric Show dominating the Braves. Today he has the American League version up.
Fun Fact: Carl Mays owned the Athletics but not the Indians. And he FREAKIN’ KILLED A GUY on the Indians. Just never mess with Carl Mays, man.
Fun reading. If for no other reason that it reminded me of Kevin Appier’s existence. He’s the most likely really good pitcher of the 90s/00s who will be totally forgotten a few years from now. I liked him a lot.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)