Apr 15, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Last week Chris Jaffe of the Hardball Times wrote about which pitchers, historically, own which NL teams. Still smarting over Eric Show dominating the Braves. Today he has the American League version up.
Fun Fact: Carl Mays owned the Athletics but not the Indians. And he FREAKIN’ KILLED A GUY on the Indians. Just never mess with Carl Mays, man.
Fun reading. If for no other reason that it reminded me of Kevin Appier’s existence. He’s the most likely really good pitcher of the 90s/00s who will be totally forgotten a few years from now. I liked him a lot.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)