Apr 15, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
Last week Chris Jaffe of the Hardball Times wrote about which pitchers, historically, own which NL teams. Still smarting over Eric Show dominating the Braves. Today he has the American League version up.
Fun Fact: Carl Mays owned the Athletics but not the Indians. And he FREAKIN’ KILLED A GUY on the Indians. Just never mess with Carl Mays, man.
Fun reading. If for no other reason that it reminded me of Kevin Appier’s existence. He’s the most likely really good pitcher of the 90s/00s who will be totally forgotten a few years from now. I liked him a lot.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27