Apr 15, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
Last week Chris Jaffe of the Hardball Times wrote about which pitchers, historically, own which NL teams. Still smarting over Eric Show dominating the Braves. Today he has the American League version up.
Fun Fact: Carl Mays owned the Athletics but not the Indians. And he FREAKIN’ KILLED A GUY on the Indians. Just never mess with Carl Mays, man.
Fun reading. If for no other reason that it reminded me of Kevin Appier’s existence. He’s the most likely really good pitcher of the 90s/00s who will be totally forgotten a few years from now. I liked him a lot.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)