Apr 16, 2013, 6:03 AM EDT
Red Sox 3, Rays 2: Mike Napoli‘s RBI double in the ninth sent everyone home happy. The happiness would last less than an hour after game time, sadly. The Red Sox are now in Cleveland, which all things considered is probably a good thing.
Padres 6, Dodgers 3: No one threw at anyone, so that’s something. Part of this surely had to do with it being Jackie Robinson Day. Indeed, Joe Torre called both managers before the game to remind them that, hey, you’re gonna look pretty petty and lame if you start plunking guys while Rachel Robinson is there to commemorate someone rising above. Tonight, though? No such limitations.
Reds 4, Phillies 2: Oh my God that Ben Revere catch. The Reds broke a five game losing streak, however, when Robinson scored the winning run. No, that’s not some joke about how everyone was wearing 42. The player who scored is actually named Derrick Robinson.
Nationals 10, Marlins 3: Zimmerman + Zimmermann = win. The Nats get up off the mat after being swept, helped by Jordan complete game and Ryan’s four RBI.
Cardinals 10, Pirates 6: Seven runs in the second chased James McDonald. Staked to a 10-1 lead, Lance Lynn had to struggle just to make it through five to qualify for the win. Just by reading the box score, this looks like it was kind of miserable game to watch.
Blue Jays 4, White Sox 3: Mark Buehrle beats his old mates. Well, I assume they’re his old mates. Maybe he shot the Sox clubhouse the double middle freedom rockets when he left a couple of years ago and they all think he’s kind of a jerk now. WE DON’T KNOW.
Mets vs. Rockies: POSTPONED: Across the River Styx, out of the lamplight. His nemesis is waiting at the gate. The Snow Dog, ermine glowing in the damp night. Coal-black eyes shimmering with hate. By-Tor and the Snow Dog Square for battle, let the fray begin.
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 3
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 19
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (105)