Apr 16, 2013, 6:03 AM EST
Red Sox 3, Rays 2: Mike Napoli‘s RBI double in the ninth sent everyone home happy. The happiness would last less than an hour after game time, sadly. The Red Sox are now in Cleveland, which all things considered is probably a good thing.
Padres 6, Dodgers 3: No one threw at anyone, so that’s something. Part of this surely had to do with it being Jackie Robinson Day. Indeed, Joe Torre called both managers before the game to remind them that, hey, you’re gonna look pretty petty and lame if you start plunking guys while Rachel Robinson is there to commemorate someone rising above. Tonight, though? No such limitations.
Reds 4, Phillies 2: Oh my God that Ben Revere catch. The Reds broke a five game losing streak, however, when Robinson scored the winning run. No, that’s not some joke about how everyone was wearing 42. The player who scored is actually named Derrick Robinson.
Nationals 10, Marlins 3: Zimmerman + Zimmermann = win. The Nats get up off the mat after being swept, helped by Jordan complete game and Ryan’s four RBI.
Cardinals 10, Pirates 6: Seven runs in the second chased James McDonald. Staked to a 10-1 lead, Lance Lynn had to struggle just to make it through five to qualify for the win. Just by reading the box score, this looks like it was kind of miserable game to watch.
Blue Jays 4, White Sox 3: Mark Buehrle beats his old mates. Well, I assume they’re his old mates. Maybe he shot the Sox clubhouse the double middle freedom rockets when he left a couple of years ago and they all think he’s kind of a jerk now. WE DON’T KNOW.
Mets vs. Rockies: POSTPONED: Across the River Styx, out of the lamplight. His nemesis is waiting at the gate. The Snow Dog, ermine glowing in the damp night. Coal-black eyes shimmering with hate. By-Tor and the Snow Dog Square for battle, let the fray begin.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)