Apr 16, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Just as the Pirates got something going offensively, the rains came and washed it all away.
The Pirates were up 4-2 after two innings when Tuesday’s tilt with the Cardinals was called off. All of the runs had scored off Jake Westbrook, who was coming off a shutout of the Reds on April 10.
Erased from the statistics were a rare Pedro Albarez single and RBI, as well as a Russell Martin RBI. Those two sub-.100 hitters are stuck at one RBI apiece for the season. Alvarez is 3-for-41 without an extra-base hit. Martin is 2-for-35.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (78)