Apr 16, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Just as the Pirates got something going offensively, the rains came and washed it all away.
The Pirates were up 4-2 after two innings when Tuesday’s tilt with the Cardinals was called off. All of the runs had scored off Jake Westbrook, who was coming off a shutout of the Reds on April 10.
Erased from the statistics were a rare Pedro Albarez single and RBI, as well as a Russell Martin RBI. Those two sub-.100 hitters are stuck at one RBI apiece for the season. Alvarez is 3-for-41 without an extra-base hit. Martin is 2-for-35.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 2
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 55
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 99
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 70
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)