Apr 16, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
Just as the Pirates got something going offensively, the rains came and washed it all away.
The Pirates were up 4-2 after two innings when Tuesday’s tilt with the Cardinals was called off. All of the runs had scored off Jake Westbrook, who was coming off a shutout of the Reds on April 10.
Erased from the statistics were a rare Pedro Albarez single and RBI, as well as a Russell Martin RBI. Those two sub-.100 hitters are stuck at one RBI apiece for the season. Alvarez is 3-for-41 without an extra-base hit. Martin is 2-for-35.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)