Apr 16, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Darwin Barney is back from the disabled list after missing the first two weeks with a lacerated knee, starting at second base and batting seventh for the Cubs tonight against the Rangers.
Barney suffered the injury during the final spring training game, so the Cubs turned to Alberto Gonzalez and Brent Lillibridge in a time-share at second base. They combined to hit .194 in Barney’s absence.
Lillibridge won’t stick around in a bench role, because as part of several moves today the Cubs designated him for assignment and claimed Cody Ransom off waivers.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)