Apr 16, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Aaron Hill got hit on the left hand by a pitch on April 9, but X-rays came back negative and he made a pair of pinch-hitting appearances on April 13 and April 14. He even delivered an RBI double in one of them.
But apparently he was doing that with a broken hand, which finally got him placed him on the disabled list today as the Diamondbacks called up shortstop prospect Didi Gregorius to replace him on the roster.
Gregorius was acquired from the Reds as part of the three-team trade that sent Trevor Bauer to the Indians. He was off to a fast start at Triple-A, hitting .387 in seven games after missing much of spring training with an elbow injury of his own.
Kirk Gibson told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that Hill is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)