Apr 16, 2013, 3:49 PM EST
Aaron Hill got hit on the left hand by a pitch on April 9, but X-rays came back negative and he made a pair of pinch-hitting appearances on April 13 and April 14. He even delivered an RBI double in one of them.
But apparently he was doing that with a broken hand, which finally got him placed him on the disabled list today as the Diamondbacks called up shortstop prospect Didi Gregorius to replace him on the roster.
Gregorius was acquired from the Reds as part of the three-team trade that sent Trevor Bauer to the Indians. He was off to a fast start at Triple-A, hitting .387 in seven games after missing much of spring training with an elbow injury of his own.
Kirk Gibson told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that Hill is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 85
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)