Apr 16, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Francisco underwent minor elbow surgery in December and began the season on the disabled list after some setbacks in his recovery during spring training, opening the door for Bobby Parnell to serve as the Mets’ closer.
Parnell has converted his lone save chance so far, with five strikeouts in 3.1 innings overall, and seems likely to hang onto ninth-inning duties unless he falters in a major way. There’s no timetable yet for Francisco’s return, but beginning the rehab stint starts a 30-day clock that can only be reset if he suffers a setback or another injury.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 10
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 31
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)