Apr 16, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
Lance Berkman and the Rangers begin a three-game series with the Cubs tonight in Chicago and when asked about playing at Wrigley Field he didn’t pull any punches with Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram:
If they’re looking for a guy to push the button when they blow the place up, I’ll do it. Chicago’s one of the worst places in baseball … really for anything.
Playing the series under NL rules means Berkman will mostly be on the bench and away from what I’m sure will now be booing. He does have a ton of experience at Wrigley Field, playing 83 career games there while hitting just .215. In fact, among the 16 ballparks in which Berkman has played 25 or more games his worst OPS is at Wrigley.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59