Apr 16, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Bourn injured his finger sliding into second base Sunday when White Sox reliever Matt Thornton stepped on his hand. He initially hoped to be back in a week or so despite needing five stitches, but the Indians decided to play it safe and get some extra roster help.
Bourn was off to a good start after joining Cleveland on a four-year, $48 million deal this offseason, hitting .333 with two homers and a .975 OPS through 10 games. In his absence the Indians figure to use Drew Stubbs in center field.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)