Apr 16, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Bourn injured his finger sliding into second base Sunday when White Sox reliever Matt Thornton stepped on his hand. He initially hoped to be back in a week or so despite needing five stitches, but the Indians decided to play it safe and get some extra roster help.
Bourn was off to a good start after joining Cleveland on a four-year, $48 million deal this offseason, hitting .333 with two homers and a .975 OPS through 10 games. In his absence the Indians figure to use Drew Stubbs in center field.
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 0
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 28
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)