Apr 16, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Bourn injured his finger sliding into second base Sunday when White Sox reliever Matt Thornton stepped on his hand. He initially hoped to be back in a week or so despite needing five stitches, but the Indians decided to play it safe and get some extra roster help.
Bourn was off to a good start after joining Cleveland on a four-year, $48 million deal this offseason, hitting .333 with two homers and a .975 OPS through 10 games. In his absence the Indians figure to use Drew Stubbs in center field.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)