Apr 16, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Bourn injured his finger sliding into second base Sunday when White Sox reliever Matt Thornton stepped on his hand. He initially hoped to be back in a week or so despite needing five stitches, but the Indians decided to play it safe and get some extra roster help.
Bourn was off to a good start after joining Cleveland on a four-year, $48 million deal this offseason, hitting .333 with two homers and a .975 OPS through 10 games. In his absence the Indians figure to use Drew Stubbs in center field.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)