Apr 16, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
That means Andrew Bailey should get a two-week look in the closer role, which began yesterday with him blowing a one-run lead against the Rays and ending up with the win when the Red Sox scored in the bottom of the ninth.
Career minor leaguer Steven Wright–not to be confused with the stand-up comedian–is coming up from Triple-A to take Hanrahan’s spot on the roster and in the bullpen. Wright is 28 years old with seven seasons and 710 innings of experience in the minors, but the right-hander doesn’t figure to have a role much bigger than middle relief.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 18
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 37
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)