Apr 16, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
That means Andrew Bailey should get a two-week look in the closer role, which began yesterday with him blowing a one-run lead against the Rays and ending up with the win when the Red Sox scored in the bottom of the ninth.
Career minor leaguer Steven Wright–not to be confused with the stand-up comedian–is coming up from Triple-A to take Hanrahan’s spot on the roster and in the bullpen. Wright is 28 years old with seven seasons and 710 innings of experience in the minors, but the right-hander doesn’t figure to have a role much bigger than middle relief.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)