Apr 16, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The Rockies and Mets were snowed out yesterday. Coors Field was still covered with snow as dawn broke. But as this Vine video from Marc Carig of Newsday shows, the Rockies staff is definitely going to work to make sure baseball is played today.
More from Marc:
Everyone out there shoveling, from the Rockies team president to the mascot. Impressive.
— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
Was down on the field earlier. Watched Rockies staff literally report to work, grab a shovel, and head for the infield to start moving snow. — Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
If you check out the Vine video I tweeted out a few minutes ago, you will see Dinger, the Rockies mascot also shoveling. In costume! — Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
Even team owner Dick Monfort — um, or is it Charlie? Not sure which is which — is getting into the act:
— Colorado Rockies (@Rockies) April 16, 2013
Looks like no By-Tor and the Snow Dog today.
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 0
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 1
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 12
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)