Apr 16, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The Rockies and Mets were snowed out yesterday. Coors Field was still covered with snow as dawn broke. But as this Vine video from Marc Carig of Newsday shows, the Rockies staff is definitely going to work to make sure baseball is played today.
More from Marc:
Everyone out there shoveling, from the Rockies team president to the mascot. Impressive.
— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
Was down on the field earlier. Watched Rockies staff literally report to work, grab a shovel, and head for the infield to start moving snow. — Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
If you check out the Vine video I tweeted out a few minutes ago, you will see Dinger, the Rockies mascot also shoveling. In costume! — Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
Even team owner Dick Monfort — um, or is it Charlie? Not sure which is which — is getting into the act:
— Colorado Rockies (@Rockies) April 16, 2013
Looks like no By-Tor and the Snow Dog today.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 35
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)