Apr 16, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The Rockies and Mets were snowed out yesterday. Coors Field was still covered with snow as dawn broke. But as this Vine video from Marc Carig of Newsday shows, the Rockies staff is definitely going to work to make sure baseball is played today.
More from Marc:
Everyone out there shoveling, from the Rockies team president to the mascot. Impressive.
— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
Was down on the field earlier. Watched Rockies staff literally report to work, grab a shovel, and head for the infield to start moving snow. — Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
If you check out the Vine video I tweeted out a few minutes ago, you will see Dinger, the Rockies mascot also shoveling. In costume! — Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
Even team owner Dick Monfort — um, or is it Charlie? Not sure which is which — is getting into the act:
— Colorado Rockies (@Rockies) April 16, 2013
Looks like no By-Tor and the Snow Dog today.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 22
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 24
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 32
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (119)