Apr 16, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The Rockies and Mets were snowed out yesterday. Coors Field was still covered with snow as dawn broke. But as this Vine video from Marc Carig of Newsday shows, the Rockies staff is definitely going to work to make sure baseball is played today.
More from Marc:
Everyone out there shoveling, from the Rockies team president to the mascot. Impressive.
— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
Was down on the field earlier. Watched Rockies staff literally report to work, grab a shovel, and head for the infield to start moving snow. — Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
If you check out the Vine video I tweeted out a few minutes ago, you will see Dinger, the Rockies mascot also shoveling. In costume! — Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
Even team owner Dick Monfort — um, or is it Charlie? Not sure which is which — is getting into the act:
— Colorado Rockies (@Rockies) April 16, 2013
Looks like no By-Tor and the Snow Dog today.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)