Apr 16, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
The Rockies and Mets were snowed out yesterday. Coors Field was still covered with snow as dawn broke. But as this Vine video from Marc Carig of Newsday shows, the Rockies staff is definitely going to work to make sure baseball is played today.
More from Marc:
Everyone out there shoveling, from the Rockies team president to the mascot. Impressive.
— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
Was down on the field earlier. Watched Rockies staff literally report to work, grab a shovel, and head for the infield to start moving snow. — Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
If you check out the Vine video I tweeted out a few minutes ago, you will see Dinger, the Rockies mascot also shoveling. In costume! — Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) April 16, 2013
Even team owner Dick Monfort — um, or is it Charlie? Not sure which is which — is getting into the act:
— Colorado Rockies (@Rockies) April 16, 2013
Looks like no By-Tor and the Snow Dog today.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 14
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 28
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)