Wanna buy Frank Thomas’ house?

Apr 16, 2013, 3:35 PM EST

Frank Thomas House

The Big Hurt’s house is for sale. It’s in Libertyville, Illinois and lists for a very reasonable $1.95 million.

You may be able to talk him down a bit though seeing as though you’re going to have to pay to have the “35” engraved on the exercise room and steam room walls removed. Unless you happen to be number 35 yourself, in which case, wow, is this the house for you!

source:

source:

1. heyblueyoustink - Apr 16, 2013 at 3:54 PM

What are we becoming here, the friendly neighborhood HBT Realitor Service? What’s next, a cartoonish depiction of Craig’s face on lawn “for sale” signs?

• jcmeyer10 - Apr 16, 2013 at 3:59 PM

C’mon, it’s fun. You have to say this is mildly interesting. It’s a window into a different world.

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 16, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I know I know, i’ll use the joke font next time or the old /s.

I just thought a caricature picture of Craig’s grill on a realitor sign would be, at worst, mildly funny.

• historiophiliac - Apr 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Imagine the trolling if he was in Philly with a gold jacket…

2. jm91rs - Apr 16, 2013 at 3:59 PM

That’s the most livable looking Celebrity house you’ve posted so far. Usually it’s ridiculously gaudy, I think this one’s pretty clean and nice.

3. kalinedrive - Apr 16, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I kind of miss Off The Bench. There wasn’t much conversation there, but some of the stories were fun. Certainly more entertaining than ProSoccerTalk or OlympicTalk. Hey, it’s an odd numbered year, let’s talk about the Olympics!

• genericcommenter - Apr 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I didn’t realize OTB ended until just now. I read your comment and then their final post. It was weird how that was handled. I usually make my way around (some of) the NBC Sports sites by coming in through an actual domain- PFT or HBT. Then I click over to some of the other sites. One day the link to OTB was just gone, replaced by something even more niche and (to me) boring. But the site was still there and being updated with posts. it was just orphaned, basically, and I saw no mention of the blog ending. Since I couldn’t just click over from HBT or PFT ( and No, having motorsports talk or whatever conveniently linked here does not motivate me to click them), I would still check OTB periodically but not regularly.

4. schlom - Apr 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Kind of interesting to put an exercise bike in the shower.

• cur68 - Apr 16, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I think that was the sauna. Its a weight loss trick: ride your exercise bike in the steam room and lose weight faster. If you don’t lose weight right away, you’ll drop with heat stroke or a heart attack or both. The weight loss is rapid after that.

• indaburg - Apr 16, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Wow, this is not smart. Kids, don’t try this at home. At best, it’s just water weight you’re losing. At worst, you’ll have heat stroke, pass out, conk your head on the tile, suffer a concussion… Plus, the steam is hell on the electronics and metal parts of the bike.

• tfbuckfutter - Apr 16, 2013 at 4:39 PM

My guess is that it’s a case of “Put that thing I don’t use anymore in that other thing I don’t use anymore.”

Like when I tried to make my wife move onto the patio.

5. BPKay - Apr 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM

The Big Hurt could use a new interior decorator….

• badintent - Apr 18, 2013 at 12:37 AM

He could have Arodless’s, he working on a great Fed Pen cell decor.

6. fearlessleader - Apr 16, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Too bad it’s not a round mansion, because then we could call it The Big Yurt.

I’ll go now.

• cur68 - Apr 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Hat-tip for knowing what a yurt is. Next try and work wickiup into a comment.

• historiophiliac - Apr 16, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Hilarious.

7. digbysellers - Apr 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Are those chairs velvet? You know if it was socially acceptable, I’d ensconce myself in velvet.

• tfbuckfutter - Apr 16, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Whatever they are, I am willing to bet all the fabric chairs in the seating area immediately outside the gym probably need to be replaced.

Unless you like the smell of the Big Hurt’s sweaty undercarriage.

• historiophiliac - Apr 16, 2013 at 7:44 PM

We would not judge you.

8. cur68 - Apr 16, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I liked Frank’s house. One problem: its real big on the inside. Whole place looks like its designed for a mastodon to roam around. Given Frank’s size, I’m not surprised. He probably needs on of those padded bench dining room seats to himself. An ordinary person would rattle around in there though.

9. APBA Guy - Apr 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM

As many of you know, I love this feature, since I am wracked by envy and a lust for things above my station. That said, the gray and drizzly day they filmed the tour probably won’t turn away any business-the luxury market is robust right now-but if I’m Big Frank, I want the exterior shots, especially the patio and back yard, redone in the sun.

10. bigkurt6 - Apr 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Nothing like kickin it in Frank’s house drinking one of his beers

11. sheriffpeyton18 - Apr 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Perfect for verlander!! What other 35s would be good?!?

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5090)