Apr 17, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
As if trying to come back from shoulder surgery wasn’t proving difficult enough for Brian McCann, now the Braves catcher is dealing with a wrist injury too.
Ray Glier of MLB.com reports that McCann left his shoulder rehab in Florida and traveled to Atlanta to have his right wrist looked at by doctors. According to the Braves the two injuries are not related, but there’s no timetable for McCann getting back to the rehab.
Before the setback he had been close to getting behind the plate and doing some throwing, but that and the targeted May 1 return date are now on hold.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 1
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)