Apr 17, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
As if trying to come back from shoulder surgery wasn’t proving difficult enough for Brian McCann, now the Braves catcher is dealing with a wrist injury too.
Ray Glier of MLB.com reports that McCann left his shoulder rehab in Florida and traveled to Atlanta to have his right wrist looked at by doctors. According to the Braves the two injuries are not related, but there’s no timetable for McCann getting back to the rehab.
Before the setback he had been close to getting behind the plate and doing some throwing, but that and the targeted May 1 return date are now on hold.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 61
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 9
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)