Apr 17, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
As if trying to come back from shoulder surgery wasn’t proving difficult enough for Brian McCann, now the Braves catcher is dealing with a wrist injury too.
Ray Glier of MLB.com reports that McCann left his shoulder rehab in Florida and traveled to Atlanta to have his right wrist looked at by doctors. According to the Braves the two injuries are not related, but there’s no timetable for McCann getting back to the rehab.
Before the setback he had been close to getting behind the plate and doing some throwing, but that and the targeted May 1 return date are now on hold.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)