Apr 17, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
As if trying to come back from shoulder surgery wasn’t proving difficult enough for Brian McCann, now the Braves catcher is dealing with a wrist injury too.
Ray Glier of MLB.com reports that McCann left his shoulder rehab in Florida and traveled to Atlanta to have his right wrist looked at by doctors. According to the Braves the two injuries are not related, but there’s no timetable for McCann getting back to the rehab.
Before the setback he had been close to getting behind the plate and doing some throwing, but that and the targeted May 1 return date are now on hold.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (108)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)