Apr 17, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
As if trying to come back from shoulder surgery wasn’t proving difficult enough for Brian McCann, now the Braves catcher is dealing with a wrist injury too.
Ray Glier of MLB.com reports that McCann left his shoulder rehab in Florida and traveled to Atlanta to have his right wrist looked at by doctors. According to the Braves the two injuries are not related, but there’s no timetable for McCann getting back to the rehab.
Before the setback he had been close to getting behind the plate and doing some throwing, but that and the targeted May 1 return date are now on hold.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)