Apr 17, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
A guy who thinks Jack Morris, Tim Raines, Alan Trammell, and Curt Schilling were the only worthy Hall of Famers on the last ballot is now a Hall of Fame inductee himself. So too is a guy who was quite smug and pleased when no one at all was elected this past winter. Oh, and some other guys too:
Today the Irish American Baseball Hall of Fame announced its 2013 inductees: popular former Mets Rusty Staub and Joe McEwing; longtime owner of the LA Dodgers Peter O’Malley; Hall of Fame baseball writer Bill Madden of the New York Daily News; and award-winning columnist for the Boston Globe Dan Shaughnessy.
Induction ceremonies will take place at Noon on Tuesday, May 7 at Foley’s NY Pub & Restaurant in New York, which is a cool place, even if they’re going to be honoring Shaugnessy.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (234)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (106)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)