Apr 17, 2013, 11:31 AM EST
A guy who thinks Jack Morris, Tim Raines, Alan Trammell, and Curt Schilling were the only worthy Hall of Famers on the last ballot is now a Hall of Fame inductee himself. So too is a guy who was quite smug and pleased when no one at all was elected this past winter. Oh, and some other guys too:
Today the Irish American Baseball Hall of Fame announced its 2013 inductees: popular former Mets Rusty Staub and Joe McEwing; longtime owner of the LA Dodgers Peter O’Malley; Hall of Fame baseball writer Bill Madden of the New York Daily News; and award-winning columnist for the Boston Globe Dan Shaughnessy.
Induction ceremonies will take place at Noon on Tuesday, May 7 at Foley’s NY Pub & Restaurant in New York, which is a cool place, even if they’re going to be honoring Shaugnessy.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)