Apr 17, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
A guy who thinks Jack Morris, Tim Raines, Alan Trammell, and Curt Schilling were the only worthy Hall of Famers on the last ballot is now a Hall of Fame inductee himself. So too is a guy who was quite smug and pleased when no one at all was elected this past winter. Oh, and some other guys too:
Today the Irish American Baseball Hall of Fame announced its 2013 inductees: popular former Mets Rusty Staub and Joe McEwing; longtime owner of the LA Dodgers Peter O’Malley; Hall of Fame baseball writer Bill Madden of the New York Daily News; and award-winning columnist for the Boston Globe Dan Shaughnessy.
Induction ceremonies will take place at Noon on Tuesday, May 7 at Foley’s NY Pub & Restaurant in New York, which is a cool place, even if they’re going to be honoring Shaugnessy.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42