Apr 17, 2013, 8:55 AM EST
“Sometimes I think you can take too many ground balls … They talked about lessening that load a little bit just because he was taking so many. Derek is such a creature of habit, to get him to break a cycle sometimes is difficult. He’s going to want to do as much as he can as soon as he can, so we’re just trying to make sure he doesn’t go too fast. But there was no setback.”
I have no doubt that Jeter is working his butt off to come back. But I gotta tell ya, I’m really not looking forward to the commentary about how Jeter is such a fierce competitor that he tried to out-work and out-Captain everyone in an effort to come back as soon as he can, which I presume is in the offing. If this really is a matter of him doing more than his body can handle faster than it can handle it, he’s not doing the Yankees or himself any favors. The best thing for everyone is that he come back when he’s ready to be 100%.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)