Apr 17, 2013, 4:50 PM EST
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman is scheduled to begin a brief minor-league rehab assignment Friday at Triple-A and Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that he’ll likely come off the disabled list Monday barring a setback.
Freeman got off to a great start, but has been out since April 6 with a strained oblique muscle. Chris Johnson has been the primary fill-in for Freeman at first base, with Juan Francisco taking over for Johnson at third base, and Atlanta has gotten very good production from both of them.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 284
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)