Apr 17, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman is scheduled to begin a brief minor-league rehab assignment Friday at Triple-A and Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that he’ll likely come off the disabled list Monday barring a setback.
Freeman got off to a great start, but has been out since April 6 with a strained oblique muscle. Chris Johnson has been the primary fill-in for Freeman at first base, with Juan Francisco taking over for Johnson at third base, and Atlanta has gotten very good production from both of them.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)