Apr 17, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman is scheduled to begin a brief minor-league rehab assignment Friday at Triple-A and Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that he’ll likely come off the disabled list Monday barring a setback.
Freeman got off to a great start, but has been out since April 6 with a strained oblique muscle. Chris Johnson has been the primary fill-in for Freeman at first base, with Juan Francisco taking over for Johnson at third base, and Atlanta has gotten very good production from both of them.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)