Apr 17, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman is scheduled to begin a brief minor-league rehab assignment Friday at Triple-A and Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that he’ll likely come off the disabled list Monday barring a setback.
Freeman got off to a great start, but has been out since April 6 with a strained oblique muscle. Chris Johnson has been the primary fill-in for Freeman at first base, with Juan Francisco taking over for Johnson at third base, and Atlanta has gotten very good production from both of them.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 30
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 38
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 51
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)