Apr 17, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Braves reliever Luis Avilan left last night’s game with what appeared to be a left hamstring injury. A day later he’s still in pain, but he’s now thinking it was a cramp. The culprit?
#Braves Avilan said he’ll stick with water and Powerade instead of his usual pregame Red Bull, which might have contributed to cramping.
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) April 17, 2013
It’s almost as if surging on caffeine and stuff before athletic performance is dehydrating and bad for you and stuff. But we all know that’s crazy. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to drink a pot of coffee and compete in a triathlon. Don’t worry, though: the swimming part will provide me with plenty of water.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 11
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 46
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)