Apr 17, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Braves reliever Luis Avilan left last night’s game with what appeared to be a left hamstring injury. A day later he’s still in pain, but he’s now thinking it was a cramp. The culprit?
#Braves Avilan said he’ll stick with water and Powerade instead of his usual pregame Red Bull, which might have contributed to cramping.
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) April 17, 2013
It’s almost as if surging on caffeine and stuff before athletic performance is dehydrating and bad for you and stuff. But we all know that’s crazy. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to drink a pot of coffee and compete in a triathlon. Don’t worry, though: the swimming part will provide me with plenty of water.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)