Apr 17, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Braves reliever Luis Avilan left last night’s game with what appeared to be a left hamstring injury. A day later he’s still in pain, but he’s now thinking it was a cramp. The culprit?
#Braves Avilan said he’ll stick with water and Powerade instead of his usual pregame Red Bull, which might have contributed to cramping.
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) April 17, 2013
It’s almost as if surging on caffeine and stuff before athletic performance is dehydrating and bad for you and stuff. But we all know that’s crazy. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to drink a pot of coffee and compete in a triathlon. Don’t worry, though: the swimming part will provide me with plenty of water.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 10
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (93)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)