Apr 17, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Braves reliever Luis Avilan left last night’s game with what appeared to be a left hamstring injury. A day later he’s still in pain, but he’s now thinking it was a cramp. The culprit?
#Braves Avilan said he’ll stick with water and Powerade instead of his usual pregame Red Bull, which might have contributed to cramping.
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) April 17, 2013
It’s almost as if surging on caffeine and stuff before athletic performance is dehydrating and bad for you and stuff. But we all know that’s crazy. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to drink a pot of coffee and compete in a triathlon. Don’t worry, though: the swimming part will provide me with plenty of water.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 7
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 15
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)