Apr 17, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Braves reliever Luis Avilan left last night’s game with what appeared to be a left hamstring injury. A day later he’s still in pain, but he’s now thinking it was a cramp. The culprit?
#Braves Avilan said he’ll stick with water and Powerade instead of his usual pregame Red Bull, which might have contributed to cramping.
— David O’Brien (@ajcbraves) April 17, 2013
It’s almost as if surging on caffeine and stuff before athletic performance is dehydrating and bad for you and stuff. But we all know that’s crazy. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to drink a pot of coffee and compete in a triathlon. Don’t worry, though: the swimming part will provide me with plenty of water.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 0
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 153
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 20
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (153)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)