Apr 17, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon lived in Boston for a long time and had some personal insight and reflection about safety and things in the wake of Monday’s bombing.
But then he kept talking. Here he is on CSNPhilly.com, first mentioning an arguably reasonable fear of teams having players enter through the stands. Then he adds “Shoot man, Obama wants to take our guns from us and everything. And you got this stuff going on? It’s a little bit insane for me.”
Ballplayers! They’re just like us!
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 43
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 33
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (75)