Apr 17, 2013, 10:35 AM EST
Jonathan Papelbon lived in Boston for a long time and had some personal insight and reflection about safety and things in the wake of Monday’s bombing.
But then he kept talking. Here he is on CSNPhilly.com, first mentioning an arguably reasonable fear of teams having players enter through the stands. Then he adds “Shoot man, Obama wants to take our guns from us and everything. And you got this stuff going on? It’s a little bit insane for me.”
Ballplayers! They’re just like us!
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)