Apr 17, 2013, 5:05 PM EST
An update on the Yankees’ first baseman:
Mark Teixeira swung a bat underwater on Tuesday. He plans to take dry swings today.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) April 17, 2013
More like under the Mendoza Line, amirite?
Under water? For once he’s not whiffing in the air!
Eh, insert your own zingers. I didn’t sleep well last night so I’m running out of gas.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 41
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)