Apr 17, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Carl Crawford wore mismatched Jackie Robinson commemorative Nike/Jordan cleats–one blue and one white–in tribute Monday night, and apparently MLB didn’t approve.
Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Crawford’s agent got a call from MLB “instructing him not to wear either the blue or white special edition Nike Jordan PEs in a game again.” And according to Saxon there may also be a fine coming.
To which Crawford said: “I was like, ‘OK, he had a little fun with it, so let me have fun with it.’ The league doesn’t want us to have any fun, I guess.”
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 56
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 1
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 131
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (131)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)