Apr 17, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Carl Crawford wore mismatched Jackie Robinson commemorative Nike/Jordan cleats–one blue and one white–in tribute Monday night, and apparently MLB didn’t approve.
Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Crawford’s agent got a call from MLB “instructing him not to wear either the blue or white special edition Nike Jordan PEs in a game again.” And according to Saxon there may also be a fine coming.
To which Crawford said: “I was like, ‘OK, he had a little fun with it, so let me have fun with it.’ The league doesn’t want us to have any fun, I guess.”
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)