Apr 17, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Carl Crawford wore mismatched Jackie Robinson commemorative Nike/Jordan cleats–one blue and one white–in tribute Monday night, and apparently MLB didn’t approve.
Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Crawford’s agent got a call from MLB “instructing him not to wear either the blue or white special edition Nike Jordan PEs in a game again.” And according to Saxon there may also be a fine coming.
To which Crawford said: “I was like, ‘OK, he had a little fun with it, so let me have fun with it.’ The league doesn’t want us to have any fun, I guess.”
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)