Apr 17, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Carl Crawford wore mismatched Jackie Robinson commemorative Nike/Jordan cleats–one blue and one white–in tribute Monday night, and apparently MLB didn’t approve.
Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Crawford’s agent got a call from MLB “instructing him not to wear either the blue or white special edition Nike Jordan PEs in a game again.” And according to Saxon there may also be a fine coming.
To which Crawford said: “I was like, ‘OK, he had a little fun with it, so let me have fun with it.’ The league doesn’t want us to have any fun, I guess.”
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (96)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)