Apr 17, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
As expected, the Padres have activated third baseman Chase Headley from the 15-day disabled list in time for Wednesday evening’s series-finale against the Dodgers. Cameron Maybin was put on the disabled list in a corresponding roster move because of a left wrist injury. This news comes courtesy of MLB.com’s Corey Brock.
Headley has been sidelined since fracturing the tip of his left thumb during a Cactus League game in mid-March. He was originally given a recovery timetable of 4-6 weeks, so his rehab was actually rather swift.
Headley finished fifth in the National League MVP voting last year after batting .286/.376/.498 with 31 home runs, 17 stolen bases and 115 RBI in 161 games for the Friars. The club is 4-10 with a -19 run differential so far this season in his absence.
Maybin’s injury is not thought to be serious, but he’s dealt with wrist issues for the past two years.
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis is working on a no-hitter against the Phillies 0
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 3
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 29
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23