Apr 17, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
As expected, the Padres have activated third baseman Chase Headley from the 15-day disabled list in time for Wednesday evening’s series-finale against the Dodgers. Cameron Maybin was put on the disabled list in a corresponding roster move because of a left wrist injury. This news comes courtesy of MLB.com’s Corey Brock.
Headley has been sidelined since fracturing the tip of his left thumb during a Cactus League game in mid-March. He was originally given a recovery timetable of 4-6 weeks, so his rehab was actually rather swift.
Headley finished fifth in the National League MVP voting last year after batting .286/.376/.498 with 31 home runs, 17 stolen bases and 115 RBI in 161 games for the Friars. The club is 4-10 with a -19 run differential so far this season in his absence.
Maybin’s injury is not thought to be serious, but he’s dealt with wrist issues for the past two years.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8