Apr 17, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Cingrani made his MLB debut with three relief appearances last September and the 23-year-old left-hander ranked among the top 100 prospects by both Baseball America and MLB.com heading into this season.
He was off to an incredible start at Triple-A, throwing 14.1 shutout innings with a 26/2 K/BB ratio while allowing just three hits, and now Cingrani gets to face another Triple-A-caliber lineup for his first big-league start. Cueto is expected to miss at least 3-4 starts with a strained lat muscle.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)