Apr 17, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Cingrani made his MLB debut with three relief appearances last September and the 23-year-old left-hander ranked among the top 100 prospects by both Baseball America and MLB.com heading into this season.
He was off to an incredible start at Triple-A, throwing 14.1 shutout innings with a 26/2 K/BB ratio while allowing just three hits, and now Cingrani gets to face another Triple-A-caliber lineup for his first big-league start. Cueto is expected to miss at least 3-4 starts with a strained lat muscle.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 23
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)