Apr 17, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Cingrani made his MLB debut with three relief appearances last September and the 23-year-old left-hander ranked among the top 100 prospects by both Baseball America and MLB.com heading into this season.
He was off to an incredible start at Triple-A, throwing 14.1 shutout innings with a 26/2 K/BB ratio while allowing just three hits, and now Cingrani gets to face another Triple-A-caliber lineup for his first big-league start. Cueto is expected to miss at least 3-4 starts with a strained lat muscle.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)