Apr 17, 2013, 12:00 AM EDT
The Phillies and Reds combined on 17 scoreless half-innings Tuesday before rain delayed the game heading into the bottom of the ninth. With no end to the showers in sign, the game was suspended and will be picked up prior to Wednesday’s scheduled series finale.
The Reds used Aroldis Chapman in the top of the ninth in the tie game, and he’ll be eligible to carry on and pitch the 10th on Wednesday, should the Reds fail to score in the bottom of the ninth. That would be a nice advantage for the Reds, considering that it’s highly unlikely he would have pitched a second inning tonight.
Play is set to begin at 5:30 p.m. EDT.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 19
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)