Apr 17, 2013, 12:00 AM EDT
The Phillies and Reds combined on 17 scoreless half-innings Tuesday before rain delayed the game heading into the bottom of the ninth. With no end to the showers in sign, the game was suspended and will be picked up prior to Wednesday’s scheduled series finale.
The Reds used Aroldis Chapman in the top of the ninth in the tie game, and he’ll be eligible to carry on and pitch the 10th on Wednesday, should the Reds fail to score in the bottom of the ninth. That would be a nice advantage for the Reds, considering that it’s highly unlikely he would have pitched a second inning tonight.
Play is set to begin at 5:30 p.m. EDT.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)