Apr 17, 2013, 12:00 AM EST
The Phillies and Reds combined on 17 scoreless half-innings Tuesday before rain delayed the game heading into the bottom of the ninth. With no end to the showers in sign, the game was suspended and will be picked up prior to Wednesday’s scheduled series finale.
The Reds used Aroldis Chapman in the top of the ninth in the tie game, and he’ll be eligible to carry on and pitch the 10th on Wednesday, should the Reds fail to score in the bottom of the ninth. That would be a nice advantage for the Reds, considering that it’s highly unlikely he would have pitched a second inning tonight.
Play is set to begin at 5:30 p.m. EDT.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)