Apr 17, 2013, 12:00 AM EDT
The Phillies and Reds combined on 17 scoreless half-innings Tuesday before rain delayed the game heading into the bottom of the ninth. With no end to the showers in sign, the game was suspended and will be picked up prior to Wednesday’s scheduled series finale.
The Reds used Aroldis Chapman in the top of the ninth in the tie game, and he’ll be eligible to carry on and pitch the 10th on Wednesday, should the Reds fail to score in the bottom of the ninth. That would be a nice advantage for the Reds, considering that it’s highly unlikely he would have pitched a second inning tonight.
Play is set to begin at 5:30 p.m. EDT.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (85)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (79)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)