Apr 17, 2013, 12:00 AM EDT
The Phillies and Reds combined on 17 scoreless half-innings Tuesday before rain delayed the game heading into the bottom of the ninth. With no end to the showers in sign, the game was suspended and will be picked up prior to Wednesday’s scheduled series finale.
The Reds used Aroldis Chapman in the top of the ninth in the tie game, and he’ll be eligible to carry on and pitch the 10th on Wednesday, should the Reds fail to score in the bottom of the ninth. That would be a nice advantage for the Reds, considering that it’s highly unlikely he would have pitched a second inning tonight.
Play is set to begin at 5:30 p.m. EDT.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)