Apr 17, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Any hope Indians fans had of Ubaldo Jimenez turning things around following a brutal 2012 season has already vanished, as Jimenez has been even worse so far this year.
He’s coughed up seven runs in each of his last two starts and failed to make it out of the second inning yesterday against the Red Sox, walking five of the 12 batters he faced. Jimenez now has a 5.60 ERA in 45 starts for the Indians dating back to mid-2011, when they acquired him from the Rockies.
Jimenez insisted after yesterday’s clunker that he’s not hurt, saying: “I felt really good,. I felt strong. The velocity was there. I just couldn’t control it in that inning.” His average fastball clocked in at 93.5 miles per hour, which was up from his previous two starts this season, but that’s still a far cry from his average of 96.1 miles per hour in 2009 and 2010.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)