Apr 18, 2013, 4:06 PM EDT
UPDATE: General manager Brian Cashman announced that a CT scan revealed a “small crack” near Jeter’s previous injury and the Yankees expect him to miss the entire first half. As of now he won’t need an additional surgery, but according to Cashman there is no timetable for Jeter’s return.
Unless they start shopping for a trade the Yankees will be leaning heavily on Eduardo Nunez.
It sounds like the latest setback for Derek Jeter‘s recovery from a broken ankle may be a serious one, as Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that he “made an unscheduled trip to Charlotte to see his ankle surgeon.”
No official details yet, but Feinsand speculates that it “doesn’t sound like good news” and when asked if the visit stemmed from something that happened during Jeter’s workout Wednesday manager Joe Girardi replied: “Put two and two together.”
Jeter’s return timetable has been pushed back several times and as of yesterday the spin in New York was that he might be working too hard.
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 21
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)