Apr 18, 2013, 6:58 PM EST
Jason Kipnis is out of the Indians’ lineup tonight for the fifth straight game due to a sore left elbow, but the hope is that his return isn’t far off.
According to Dennis Manoloff of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, Kipnis completed a full batting practice session this afternoon at Progressive Field. While he reported some “expected” soreness, he came out of it feeling good and is hopeful to return to the lineup tomorrow night when the Indians begin a three-game series against the Astros in Houston.
“Right now, at this moment, I feel like I’m good enough to play Friday,” Kipnis said after BP, which for him ended about 5:20. “But we’ll see how the elbow reacts to this activity. I won’t know my status for sure until the morning.”
The sore elbow provides some context for Kipnis’ slow start, as he’s hitting just .125 (4-for-32) with three doubles, two RBI and 11 strikeouts in eight games. The 26-year-old batted .257/.335/.379 with 14 home runs, 76 RBI, 31 stolen bases and a .714 OPS in 152 games with the Indians last season.
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 4
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 133
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 42
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 371
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (135)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)