Apr 18, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal reports that Lackey is expected to make a minor league rehab start Monday with Double-A Portland. The veteran right-hander was placed on the disabled list earlier this month with a strained biceps muscle, but he resumed throwing earlier this week after symptoms subsided.
Franklin Morales is also expected to pitch for Portland on Monday as he rehabs from a back injury and could be an option for the rotation if Lackey suffers a setback. Alfredo Aceves has allowed five runs in 10 innings over two starts while filling in for Lackey. He’s slated to make his next start Monday against the Athletics.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 44
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)