Apr 18, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal reports that Lackey is expected to make a minor league rehab start Monday with Double-A Portland. The veteran right-hander was placed on the disabled list earlier this month with a strained biceps muscle, but he resumed throwing earlier this week after symptoms subsided.
Franklin Morales is also expected to pitch for Portland on Monday as he rehabs from a back injury and could be an option for the rotation if Lackey suffers a setback. Alfredo Aceves has allowed five runs in 10 innings over two starts while filling in for Lackey. He’s slated to make his next start Monday against the Athletics.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 11
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 26
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 50
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)