Apr 18, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal reports that Lackey is expected to make a minor league rehab start Monday with Double-A Portland. The veteran right-hander was placed on the disabled list earlier this month with a strained biceps muscle, but he resumed throwing earlier this week after symptoms subsided.
Franklin Morales is also expected to pitch for Portland on Monday as he rehabs from a back injury and could be an option for the rotation if Lackey suffers a setback. Alfredo Aceves has allowed five runs in 10 innings over two starts while filling in for Lackey. He’s slated to make his next start Monday against the Athletics.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 11
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 49
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)